Full-time Assistant to Film/TV Scriptwriters’ Agent
– Posted August 28th 2015
Maternity Cover for general assistant to a media agent within a boutique film/TV agency representing a range of award-winning TV, film & theatre writers, as well as media rights to books. The role includes responsibility assisting in operational aspects of the business. The candidate must have a minimum of a year’s relevant experience and experience with contracts would be preferred. Proficient use of Excel and an attention to detail is a must. An interest in film, TV and stage is essential. The role offers an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience as part of a small team.
• Dealing with general enquiries e.g. rights queries, questions from producers looking for writers or directors, finding out from producers whether they’re looking for writers on a particular show etc.
• Updating the agency’s website with the agent’s clients’ news on the home page, client page, and the individual client CVs, as well as maintaining the agency’s Twitter page.
• Submitting client work to producers, chasing responses and updating submission trackers.
• Reading scripts / viewing showreels by existing clients and potential new ones, writing brief coverage and offering an opinion and feedback.
• Processing client contracts; issuing, sending out for signature, tracking, and logging on the agency systems when fully executed.
• Keeping all agency accounting systems up to date; includes creating and maintaining clients sales slips to track deals, chasing and processing all client payments on the agency system, issuing invoices and remittance slips and making payments to clients.
• Depending on experience, assisting in the negotiation and administration of simple agreements (e.g. stage license and radio drama) for the agent’s clients and being trained up to deal with these eventually (always under agent supervision).
• Attending screenings, industry events and PMA meetings as and when required on behalf of the agency and providing feedback.
• General office administration; filing, maintenance of office supplies and equipment in conjunction with offsite IT support service. Liaising with appointed accountants as appropriate.
• General PA duties: managing the agent’s diary, booking meetings and lunch appointments, answering phone calls.
• A minimum of one year’s relevant experience essential.
• Thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office Packages; Word, Excel and Outlook – advanced Excel knowledge essential as all agency systems use Excel-based databases.
• Both Mac and PC literate.
• Familiarity with web content management systems.
• Strong attention to detail essential.
• The ability to multitask and good organisational skills are essential.
• Dynamic positive approach essential.
• Accurate and prompt typing speed (touch typing not essential).
• Must be able to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
• Good time keeping.
• Good communication skills and confident telephone manner.
• Contractual experience preferred.
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Minimum 12 month contract to commence following handover (ideally 6-8 weeks).
Please send a CV/resume plus covering email and details of current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to receive applications asap but no later than 5pm Monday 7th September 2015, with the 6-8 week handover for the role commencing Monday 19th October 2015 or earlier depending on availability.