Junior Agent – Commercials and Music Videos Department
– Posted February 27th 2020
We are looking for a junior agent to join the Commercials & Music Videos department to support the existing Senior Agent in representing the clients and all that it entails.
Echo Artists is a dynamic talent agency representing Production Designers, Directors of Photography, Costume Designers, Editors and Hair and Make-Up Designers in Film, Television, Commercials and Music Videos. As a company, we pride ourselves on being passionate about Film & Advertising craft and the brilliant stories that stem from a wonderfully talented collaborative team who are often overlooked. We love being creatively and logistically involved in the projects that our clients make and are passionate about facilitating new collaborations and helping our clients get work on original projects whilst giving them advice and negotiating their fees as best as possible. We believe in our clients and will protect and fight for them to make sure they are treated fairly, and we enjoy listening, giving support and doing whatever we can to make the difference for their careers. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of and help build a new company, which whilst simultaneously supporting the clients we also actively seek to aid the development and wellbeing of staff.
The right candidate will have some experience working in Commercials or Music Video Production or is an existing Agent’s Assistant looking for a new challenge and a chance to grow in their career. We are looking for someone who loves working with people and as part of a tight-knit team, has excellent communication skills, an amazing attention to detail and thrives under pressure. Someone who will have the confidence to fight for what they think is right, has an opinion, wants to help nurture and protect our clients, is proactive and thinks ahead, wants to help change careers, has an amazing ability to listen and is patient, creative and loves being involved in interesting projects.
You could be someone who has worked in the Advertising industry at an Advertising Agency or Production Company, or in Film & TV but know that you want to be at the hub of production and exciting international advertising campaigns. You could be an Assistant at another agency who wants to step across to work with below the line talent, or an experienced Production Assistant/Production Manager looking for a new challenge and the chance to grow within an exciting and supportive Agency and work towards becoming a fully-fledged agent.
• Submitting Clients for new Commercials & Music Videos projects.
• Negotiating Deals as directed and sending relevant deal memos
• Always be on the lookout for new and exciting talent
• Communicating and keeping in touch with clients regularly and being responsible and active in client’s diary management and career strategies.
• Communicating with, and setting up meetings with, Producers and Production Companies regularly to make sure the Company and the clients are aware of what projects are happening and have happened.
• Watching client work and keeping up to date with new commercials and music videos
• Existing knowledge of the commercials and music videos industry, including knowledge of the best Directors and Production Companies would be ideal, but can also be taught over time.
• A working knowledge of the APA Recommended Crew Terms is desirable but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills, strong sense of organisation and attention to detail are essential.
• Be trustworthy when handling sensitive or confidential information relating to upcoming campaigns.
• Attend Advertising and Music Video awards ceremonies and international festivals with other Commercial Agents or Film & TV Agents, representing the clients and company and building relationships with production contacts within the industry.
Further Details about the position:
• To start asap or to be discussed
• The role is based in the Echo Office in Bethnal Green (East London)
• Hours will be 9:30 AM to 6 PM with 1 hour lunch break, however there will be some times where hours may be longer than this, including attending awards events, some international festivals, occasional evening meetings/screenings for clients.
• Experience of Macs essential along with Word, Outlook and Excel
• Remuneration commensurate with experience.
• Some travel to film festivals required (Cannes Lions, Camerimage)
• There is a share of the profits of the company
• 5 weeks of holiday plus public holidays
• Other staff perks are in development (healthcare, gym membership, staff incentive scheme)
• If you think you’re the right person for the job please email your CV and a covering letter to Sophie at email@example.com.