Assistant to Head of Comedy
– Posted June 13th 2019
Casarotto Ramsay & Associates was founded in 1989 and represents many of the world’s best known writers, directors, literary properties, and below the line talent in film, theatre and television. We are a fiercely independent boutique agency, and are proud of our personal touch. Our clients range from newer talents to very well established names, which means that we work across the complete spectrum. We are based in London but operate internationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a diverse and interesting list of writing and directing talent in the comedy sphere. As the main point of contact for the Head of Comedy’s office, working within a tight-knit team, you will be responsible for overseeing the smooth and effective functioning of the busy office.
• Managing the office of the Head of Comedy, liaising with a number of producers and clients, taking detailed messages, managing diary and travel arrangements, and setting all meetings (which includes a high volume of client meetings)
• Understanding our clients’ body of work and taste, putting them forward for relevant projects.
• Reading client scripts promptly and providing detailed feedback.
• Filtering all comedy representation enquiries based on quality.
• Managing tracking of scripts, which projects are being considered by clients and by producers.
• Managing the status of contract negotiations.
• Ensuring all invoices are chased and paid and dealt with promptly for our clients.
• Responding to rights requests or enquiries to see if rights for certain properties are available for our clients.
• Updating client pages on the website and ensuring that biographies, CV’s and WGA accounts are up to date.
• Keeping an eye out for news articles that mention clients and ensure that the in-house PR team are tweeting regularly with comedy news.
• Attending a reasonable number of live comedy shows and plays to ensure we have our finger on the pulse regarding new talent
• Comparing draft agreements against previous drafts and/or other agreements.
Experience & Skills
• Experience of working at a literary agency is preferable.
• A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar role within the industry.
• A passion for television comedy (as well and film and live comedy), and a knowledge of comedy writing, directing and performing talent is essential.
• A basic understanding of how writing and directing deals work and an interest in expanding that knowledge.
• Highly organised with a high attention to detail, unflappable and discrete.
• An avid reader.
• You should be able to gauge whether a script has potential or not.
If you are interested please respond with a covering letter and CV to Susan Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law