Corporate Bookings Assistant
– Posted November 28th 2022
Job Title: Corporate Bookings Assistant
Company: Avalon Management Group Ltd.
Reports to: Head of Corporate Events
Reports in: N/A
Avalon is a multi-award-winning talent management, television production and live
promotion group with offices in London, Los Angeles, and New York.
Avalon, Artist Rights Group (ARG) and The Agency represent a prolific roster of
artists including comedians, actors, presenters, writers, and directors. Avalon’s
numerous ground-breaking returning television shows currently in production include:
Not Going Out (BBC), the UK’s longest running sitcom on air; Taskmaster (Channel
4), the BAFTA-winning hit entertainment format showing in 100 countries; multi
Emmy-winner, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO); The Russell Howard Hour
(Sky), the network’s most successful entertainment show launch since 2010;
Starstruck, a new sitcom from the 2018 Edinburgh Comedy Award winner Rose
Matafeo (HBO Max/BBC); Flatbush Misdemeanours (Showtime), a new comedy
series created by and starring Dan Perlman and Kevin Iso; Breeders, a sitcom
starring Martin Freeman and Daisy Haggard (FX/Sky); a new series of the iconic
British satirical puppet show, Spitting Image (BritBox UK); and multiple comedy
specials for Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max and Netflix.
Other landmark Avalon shows include BAFTA winning and multi-Emmy nominated
Catastrophe (Amazon Prime Video/Channel 4), Fantasy Football League (BBC/ITV),
multi-BAFTA-winning TV Burp (ITV), and Workaholics (Comedy Central USA).
Avalon also distributes its catalogue of programmes to over 150 countries worldwide.
Avalon has produced many globally successful podcasts and is at the top of the UK
iTunes chart with the multi-award-winning Shagged. Married. Annoyed by Chris and
As a leading promoter of live comedy, Avalon produced Newman and Baddiel: Live
at Wembley, the UK’s first arena comedy show; Jerry Springer: The Opera, the first
West End show to win all four UK ‘Best New Musical’ awards; and has continued to
produce and promote live shows globally, as well as promoting more winners and
nominees of the prestigious Edinburgh Comedy Award than any other company.
The Corporate Bookings Assistant role based in the Corporate Department is an
integral part of the department. Working closely with bookers and high-profile clients
on both the Avalon and ARG roster, the role requires enthusiasm, strong attention to
detail and a commitment to the overall aims of the team.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Events, the key duties of the Corporate Bookings
– Processing all corporate bookings between clients and hirer from the point of
confirmation, ensuring all agreed arrangements have been satisfied.
– Invoicing hirers, ensuring prompt payment of invoices.
– Logging when payments and contracts arrive.
– Ensuring all necessary preparatory materials, including scripts, itineraries, and
briefing documents, are sourced and checked prior to event dates.
– Organising transport, accommodation, briefing calls and any other logistical
– Collecting feedback on the artist’s performance.
– Updating department website when necessary to keep biographies, headshots,
and feedback up to date.
– Assisting with the output of the department’s social media channels.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Exceptional attention to detail and administrative skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication, with the ability to build and
maintain relationships with both artists and bookers.
– Proven time-management skills; being able to multitask, prioritise jobs and
work calmly under pressure.
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
– A genuine interest in live comedy and entertainment, plus a willingness to
attend events and gigs where appropriate and familiarise themselves with the
artists’ current material.
– Previous agency or industry experience; a benefit but not a necessity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are keen to encourage applications
from individuals from under-represented groups