Assistant to Actors’ Agent – 2 Vacancies
– Posted October 10th 2017
Main Purpose of Role:
To deliver excellent client care and systems administration in order to maximise success for clients, provide best possible service to production and publicity partners, support the development of the Agent’s Office and build loyalty to Curtis Brown.
1. Client Care – all clients:
1. To build an in-depth and up to date knowledge of the agent’s clients including theatre attendance, screenings & recordings.
2. Ensuring all client information is accurately recorded on the Company’s website, and database systems as directed. Regularly update CVs, show reels and other information relating to clients e.g. Spotlight.
3. To foster and maintain good relationships with clients, production companies and key industry contacts to assist in seeking out opportunities for clients. Ensuring these relationships are kept on a professional basis at all times.
4. Organising clients’ meetings (including – transport, hotel & restaurant bookings, hair & wardrobe appointments as required). Maintaining an up to date schedule and record on the Company database.
5. Organising any in-house audition recording/taping for the clients, this includes a reading in when required, then editing the filmed material for presentation.
6. Handling fan mail and liaising with Agent/Publicist regarding interviews or charity requests for clients.
7. Ensuring scripts that are sent specifically for the Agent’s clients are logged and read.
2. New clients
1. Ensuring that all administration for new clients is carried out quickly and efficiently.
2. Ensuring Curtis Brown has an accurate record of new client finance details including Client’s bank details and tax status
3. Building links and networks inside and out of Curtis Brown to research new clients and encourage new talent appropriate to the office.
3. Negotiating contracts and finance
1. Ensuring contracts are accurately administered, recorded and can be quickly accessed. Entering information to Company systems as directed.
2. Drafting and reviewing contracts following agent’s negotiations ensuring that all terms are in line with those agreed with the client.
3. Ensuring that contracts are signed by all parties as quickly as possible, tracking progress and chasing where necessary.
4. Chasing late invoices for payment when required.
5. Updating the Agent on any issues regarding clients’ finances e.g. late payments, tax issues.
6. Liaising with Agents, Curtis Brown Accounts team and production companies for information required for Clients’ travel visas if needed.
4. PR and Marketing
1. Helping to assess the suitability of potential new clients and assist Agents in putting forward clients in a way which best highlights their strengths and suitability for work.
2. Following up on all proposals made by Agent and chasing for feedback if clients are unsuccessful.
3. Developing an awareness of the potential newsworthiness of client’s work.
4. Organizing interviews, press and shoots as required.
5. Co-ordinating logistics for clients’ press & publicity schedules. Ensuring travel and schedule information is clear and up-to-date and that the client has everything they need. Handling any issues quickly and efficiently
6. Organising flowers, cards and tickets for press nights. Collating reviews
7. Ensuring clients’ information and membership information is up to date on Spotlight.
5. Website and other digital media
1. Drafting web profiles for new clients and their work according to Curtis Brown style guidelines.
2. Ensuring that information and images for existing clients is regularly updated in order to offer the client premium promotion opportunities and provide high quality information for producers and casting directors.
3. Writing biog notes and news articles.
4. Promoting clients through the effective use of social media e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Twitter and other emerging technologies in close consultation with Agents.
5. Liaising with the Company’s Digital Content Manager and colleagues in other departments to ensure a coherent approach to content on the Company website.
6. General Office and department administration:
1. Fielding telephone calls to the department and respond to routine enquiries
2. Ensuring that the office admin runs smoothly including filing, post, organising couriers and dealing with fan mail.
3. Managing queries and internal communications as required. Working closely with other members of the team, sharing information, ideas and networks.
4. Keeping an accurate Day Book of all calls to the office, taking detailed and accurate messages.
5. Ensuring that all visitors to the department are logged into the ‘Guest’ logbook via Reception and are given a warm welcome.
6. Arranging the Agent’s attendance at meetings or events as required e.g. transport, hotels, restaurant reservations etc.
7. Printing out scripts and contracts as required.
8. Managing the running of the office while the Agent is on holiday.
9. Taking part in department rota for internal script breakdowns.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Excellent communication skills – we need a clear and open communicator
• Familiarity with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Familiarity with iMovie and other video editing packages
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your work
• Excellent organisational and time management skills – you need to be able to cope with a large workload and multi-task. You should be able (politely) to keep phone calls short!
• The ability to work under pressure and with interruptions
• Experience of using social media and website CMS.
• Commercial/Business sense/acumen
• It would be useful if you have experience working with contracts
• It would be very useful if you have previous work experience within the creative industry, e.g. a talent agency or casting agency
ATTITUDE: this is what we’re looking for…
• A confident, warm personality – a person who inspires trust
• A team player who is able to contribute positively to the whole department
• Someone resilient and creative
• Someone who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic – and stamina, you’ll be expected to work some additional hours e.g. theatre trips
• Someone with a flexible approach to problems – a person who can learn quickly
• Lastly, and this almost goes without saying, we need you to have a passion for film theatre and television!
To Apply: please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Make sure you include ASSISTANT TO ACTORS’ AGENT in the subject line of your email.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 23rd October 2017