Senior Agents’ Assistant
– Posted May 17th 2022
The Agency represents writers, directors & creatives working across film, television and theatre; from those at the peak of their careers to those at the very beginning. We are London-based but operate internationally. Our range of clients is reflected in the company too: the agents here are as varied in their taste as they are in age and experience. An agent’s role involves wearing many hats and we are looking for a candidate that understands the complexity of this and is passionate about giving our clients the very best service.
The Agency works with other successful book agencies, representing their clients’ media rights and in addition, The Agency has a bespoke children’s literary department. What binds the team at The Agency is their enthusiasm for their clients, great drama and the deal-making that facilitates it.
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required by the agents and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the nature of the post as agreed with the Company. Due to the nature of this role, you may be asked to work additional hours from time to time including attending evening engagements.
The role will be assisting two agents, including a managing Partner, who each represent a list of established and emerging writers, directors and rights holders working across theatre, film, and television.
As assistant you will be responsible for managing the agents’ diaries, liaising with producers and clients on their behalf, and tracking contractual negotiations, managing client payments and generally ensuring a smooth-running and efficient office.
• General PA duties: booking meetings and calls, answering phone calls, emails and arranging travel and accommodation.
• Assisting with general administration including managing, filing and being across agents’ emails.
• Taking and typing dictated emails and letters.
• Liaising with clients, setting up client meetings and calls, and sending client writing samples/CVs.
• Updating The Agency’s website, individual client biographies for our website and providing and proactively managing content for The Agency’s twitter and Instagram feeds.
• Helping with reviewing changes in drafts of contracts using Word comparison and tracked changes tools.
• Dealing with the administration of client contracts: issuing, sending out for signature, tracking, logging, scanning, and archiving contracts when fully executed.
• Keeping all Agency accounting systems up to date; includes entering client deals into our accounts systems, raising invoices for payments and chasing all client payments on the Agency system.
• Collating and communicating relevant industry and client news, e.g. up and coming production news and reviews of client shows.
• Keeping a record of clients’ professional commitments.
• Reading scripts, seeing shows and reporting back on them.
• Training for the negotiation and administration of simple agreements for the agents’ clients to include theatre licences and foreign licences, eventually to be undertaken independently. Liaising closely with a senior agent to assist in the handling of more complex agreements.
This is not an entry level role and proven office-based experience in a similar role is required. The ideal candidate will have previously worked as an assistant or equivalent, working for multiple line-managers. An interest in the industry is essential.
We welcome applications from candidates who demonstrate the following:
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people in a professional context, and to build crucial connections with clients, colleagues, your line manager, and external contacts.
• An ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Excellent forward-thinking organisational and administrative skills with exceptional attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced environment and balancing multiple priorities.
• Computer literacy, with accurate and fast typing speed.
• Demonstrable passion for theatre, film, television and literature
• A desire/ability to evaluate scripts, novels and productions and to articulate your opinion
We are committed to diverse, inclusive recruitment, regardless of disability, race, age, colour, national origin, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis.
Please let us know if you would like further information, support with access requirements or an informal chat to find out more about the role on 0207 467 0111.
Please submit the following information:
• Your CV as a PDF or Word Document
• A brief covering letter or email which details why you are suited to this role, why you would be excited to work for The Agency in this position and highlighting any key experience.
Please submit applications by email with ‘Assistant Vacancy’ in the email subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 27TH MAY 2022
Successful first-round candidates will be asked to complete a brief written task, undertaken remotely. Successful second round candidates will be invited to interview. These will take place at our offices in Holland Park.