Agent’s Assistant – Books Department
– Posted April 12th 2021
This is a part-time role requiring 2.5 days per week.
We are recruiting a part-time assistant for an agent in our Books team. To assist in the running of the agent’s list, duties will include:
• General personal and administrative support
• Client liaison and assistance, and diary management
• Help with the drafting, checking, and management of contracts
• Raising and chasing of invoices for settlement
• Dealing with royalty and accounting queries, and the upkeep of rights and accounting databases
• Updating and curation of the company website and generation of social-media content
• Prompt and clear dealing with general correspondence
• Document management and filing
The successful candidate will be involved in all areas of author representation and agent support, and should be comfortable liaising by phone and email with clients and customers, as well as with colleagues in all other departments at United. They should have a high level of self-direction and confidence in their time-management, while they and/or the agent are working remotely. They are likely to have at least a year’s previous experience of working in literary agency, general-trade publishing or bookselling.
The role requires:
• Meticulous attention to detail and organisational duties
• Excellent numeracy and confidence in dealing with royalty and contractual questions
• The ability to communicate with clarity and confidence by phone and email
• Absolute discretion and trustworthiness in all dealings
• An aptitude for working in a team, whether remotely or in the office
• A positive and proactive attitude, and enthusiasm for client care
We are committed to diverse, inclusive recruitment, regardless of disability, race, age, colour, national origin, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 23 April 2021
If you think you could be the right candidate, please send us your CV and an email telling us why, to email@example.com clearly marked BOOKS in the subject header.